We are passionate about all things Bay of Plenty. We’ve set out to create an experience that appeases all the senses; hear the music, taste the gourmet food/wine/beer, smell the aromas, see the festival stage, and feel the suns warmth and grass beneath your feet.
We believe Tauranga should be known for all of the facets that make it amazing, and so First We Eat combines all the ingredients of a good time. NZ’s leading musicians across multi-generations will have you dancing, the exquisite wine and beer selection will have you curiously testing, and the celebrity chefs will curate the food streets that create taste sensations you’ll remember long after you try them; seafood, plant-based, meat and Asian cuisine areas alike. Come immerse yourself in a full day of entertainment at the famous Wharepai Domain and make the most of your long weekend.
Wharepai Domain is an idyllic park located in central Tauranga, just off Cameron Road. Just a short walk away from the centre of town with bars, cafes & restaurants.
The local Bayhopper buses will be running their normal routes and timetable on Saturday 30th January. To find the best route for you follow this link.
There are a number of close bus stops which you can get off such as Cameron Road Spring Street, Tauranga CBD Stand D, C or B as shown below;
If you are planning to drive to the festival we recommend you park at the Spring Street Parking building only a 10minute walk away. The surrounding streets do have some car parks but are normally full with resident cars during the weekend.
Do not drink and drive!
What can’t be brought into the Festival:
• Alcohol, drugs or drug paraphernalia
• Any commercial Food
• Beverage of any kind, empty water bottles are permitted
• Fireworks, explosives or flares
• Laser pointers
• Weapons or any item that could be used as a weapon
• Gang patches or regalia
• Professional camera, video equipment or drones
• Audio recording devices for commercial purposes
• Stuffed animals
• Any item that could cause injury
• Aerosol products / cans
• Air horns
• Chilli bins
• Flyers, samples or other promotional items
• Kites, hula hoops, skateboards, scooters or hoverboards
What can be brought into the festival:
• Empty plastic water bottles
• Camping chairs
• Personal camera & go-pro
• Hand sanitiser and baby wipes
• Mobile phone and charger
• Sunblock and sunglasses
• Small Umbrellas
• Sealed cigarettes and lighters
• E-Cig and vape pens (single use only)
• Ear plugs
• Eye Drops
• Fanny packs & small bags