We are passionate about all things Hawkes Bay. We’ve set out to create an experience that appeases all the senses; hear the music, taste the gourmet food/wine/beer, smell the aromas, see the festival stage, and feel the sun's warmth and grass beneath your feet.
We believe Napier should be known for all of the facets that make it amazing, and so First We Eat combines all the ingredients of a good time. NZ’s leading musicians across multi-generations will have you dancing, the exquisite wine and beer selection will have you curiously testing, and the celebrity chefs will curate the food streets that create taste sensations you’ll remember long after you try them; seafood, plant-based, meat and Asian cuisine areas alike. Come immerse yourself in a full day of entertainment at the famous Church Road Winery and make the most of your weekend.
Church Road Winery is located in Taradale only a short drive from Napier city. The Cellar Door backs onto stunning park-like grounds and is the perfect location for First We Eat.
The local GoBay buses will be running their normal routes and timetable on Saturday 26th March. To find the best route for you follow this link.
The Number 13 bus route will arrive at a stop a short walk from the venue.
If you are planning to drive to the festival we recommend you park in the surrounding street areas.
Do not drink and drive!
Venue access is via a sealed road (Tironui Drive) and onto the park area which is suitable for wheelchair access. Disabled parking is limited and needs to be booked ahead of time. Please contact us early so we can look after you on the day!
What can’t be brought into the festival:
• Alcohol, drugs or drug paraphernalia
• Any commercial Food
• Beverage of any kind, empty water bottles are permitted
• Fireworks, explosives or flares
• Laser pointers
• Weapons or any item that could be used as a weapon
• Gang patches or regalia
• Professional camera, video equipment or drones
• Audio recording devices for commercial purposes
• Stuffed animals
• Any item that could cause injury
• Aerosol products / cans
• Air horns
• Chilli bins
• Flyers, samples or other promotional items
• Kites, hula hoops, skateboards, scooters or hoverboards
What can be brought into the festival:
• Empty plastic water bottles
• Camping chairs
• Personal camera & go-pro
• Hand sanitiser and baby wipes
• Mobile phone and charger
• Sunblock and sunglasses
• Small Umbrellas
• Sealed cigarettes and lighters
• E-Cig and vape pens (single use only)
• Ear plugs
• Eye Drops
• Fanny packs & small bags